Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Less than a month

Its generally this time around a year when my stars shine. Alternatively, I assume them to shine. And its an assumption with years of conviction. Its the time when I approach Holi. Not the corollary. I approach Holi with such a premeditated redundancy that its almost like enacting a dejavu.
I see the sounds we smear ourselves with over those unbridled nights. Days are more like walking as shadows through a world which immediately seems so intimate and distant. Afternoons happen, evenings lean on it, I remember I wrote years back on such a day.

Its just not the imagery I indulge myself in that called me to write. In fact, I can escape myself for now by saying that this writing happened as a part of my approach. But apart from the euphoria, there's also something cathartic I create for myself around Holi.

I keep telling myself - its almost a re-incarnation. I believe that most of my problems reach solutions around this time. Even if I have a bad stomach ache which reminds me of malignant tumors or an imminent economic crisis, I deify Holi to erase any forebodings.

Not that all along the approach, I never get depressed. I do. But somewhere behind, I sense an unquestionable security. Its just a month away, I would say to keep myself happy.

And does this work? Are my fears allayed?

That would be the last thing I would bother about.
Comrade as we said then and now, they happen and I see them happening.

2 comments:

Runa said...

funny, you and bubloo both posted about Holi today!

Anonymous said...

"Bamhan tura he bada rasiya re jara bachke rehna"..,if i feel it here, can imagime urs!! Its magic , it works, its working