Friday, December 02, 2005

Thirty Four Plastered Left Legs

Preface: It has been almost symmetric. This process of depresion has always given me new and fresh approaches. It has been like a re-incarnation everytime I get out of it. Or may be I have mechanized myself so.
Last when I bathed in blue on my trip back from Jammu, Jaanaki happened, and now its another I sense in its nascence.

An Intriguing Night For Gangadhar Sahoo

The day must have been exceptionally bad for Gangadhar Sahoo. He seemed to be cursing any and everything at will. especially the train, which had already been late by half a day when he boarded it. its slackness only increased after he got in and now when it hiccuped and came to a stop at one thirty A.M. he was forced to think.
'this bastard shall make me lose my job before even getting it.'
he kicked the blanket and curved up to rest on his elbows. He was on the middle berth and with his awkward height of six feet three, life had been all the more miserable. He remembered the ticket collector with his ugly smile, earlier the day when he ahd reserved a seat for a bribe of two hundred rupees.
'that swine, could easily have given me an upper.' He looked up, the sudent fellow had not got down once after getting up on his berth. Must be taking pills, he thought to himself and craned down to glance at the length of the compartment. Not a thing moved in the blue hue of night lamps. 'dead souls' he cursed again.

CONTD.

8 comments:

concerned citizen said...

I just read your tukan da explaintion. thanks am compiling list of all the new words i learn so i can remember them.
Am in big rush today will read your post later.
Chow!

concerned citizen said...

Depression, eh? Horrible state of being. I suffered terribly as a teenager. It seems to run in my family. Some get debilitated by it. I have been to whwere I've stuggled day by day. my creativity distracts me. When i was a teen I blaimed myself for it. I did not realize the other factors. Some had to do w/the attitudes of my parents (they were both downtrodden) & the genitic side of iherenting the condition. I did not even know it was a medical condition, I thot I was the worst pile of dung on the planet. I lost a lot of years because of depression. Realizing it was a medical condition was the start of life for me & maturity helped me also. My mind begun to clear anuff to reason. I think you've prompted me to write about it on my Musings, Rants & Ravings site.
Have a good day, today! Chow!

Runa said...

What is this Tukun da explanation?

concerned citizen said...

Did I say something wrong? or misinterrpret your post?

Siddharth Tripathy said...

Nothing like that.
Just that I am writing three things at a time and so run short of time , energy and thoughts to post.
Two of the writings are my short stories and one is a report on the devastation of my small and beautiful place by the Sponge Iron Factories running here off late.
will catch up in a week though.

concerned citizen said...

O.K. put one of my paintings up on my blog. 'Musings, Rants, & Ravings'.
Had a whole essay on depression, but decided to just put up a painting(a bit altered)the original will be next. The 'Clear picture.'
Chow!!

concerned citizen said...

Good article on your link site. :)

القمر السعودى said...

كشف تسربات المياه
مكافحة حشرات
نقل اثاث